web 2.0

Aug 5, 2011

Skies

If you have been following our ride around lake Biwa live on Twitter or Facebook, you know that the weather was not always ideal.

We had a few showers, and there were some fairly large clouds such as the one below. Overall, it was still mostly OK, and after a first look at the pictures, I am fairly happy with what we brought back. More on this over coming weeks.




With this post, I would like to revive an old series on skies, that I started just over two and a half years ago, (see for instance this first post, or this one).

To make sure I keep this series going, I was searching for a nice motivation, and found exactly that. On a blog that I am closely following (Shinjuku Daily Photo), Kaori takes part in a weekly meme called Skywatch Friday, (which involves posting sky photos on Fridays, obviously!). Here is, for instance, the lovely evening sky she posted last week: Quiet Evening.

This is a very nice way to make sure I remember to post these sky pictures regularly.

You can have a look at sky photos from all over the world on the Skywatch Friday website, and you can look forward to my next sky photo next Friday. Have a good week-end everyone!


No comments: