web 2.0

Aug 8, 2011

Koshien is back!

Saturday marked the start of one of Japan's biggest sport events of the year: the National High School Baseball Championship, also known as Summer Koshien (because it takes place in August at the home of my local Hanshin Tigers).

I was at the opening ceremony last year (see the corresponding post here), but it was so enjoyable that I just had to go again this year. If possible, I would like to catch a seat for the last day as well, but it is quite difficult.

Here are some photos from this year's opening ceremony and first game. As usual, you can click on the images to get larger versions.

As you know, things are quite busy, with Project Biwa on top of my work schedule, so I do not have time to write about each photo. However, if you have any question, please leave a comment and I will make sure to reply.



 





 



  



 





 




And to see all these fine people in motion, here is a video to conclude this post.


No comments: