web 2.0

Dec 2, 2009

Expo Park Momijigari

About two weeks ago, the day after the very enjoyable Kiyomizu-dera light-up, I went to the Expo Commemoration Park (or 万博記念公園, Banpaku kinen kōen), just North of Osaka, for some day-time enjoyment of autumn leaves (a.k.a 紅葉狩, Momijigari).



Needless to say, I loved it, even though the weather did not provide very suitable conditions in terms of picture taking. I would have done the same thing back home, (as mentioned here two years ago), but it was nice not being the only one taking pictures, for once! ;)

 



An area of the park also featured a special type of cherry trees, which blossom in Autumn. I had no idea these existed!



Being mid-November, the day came to an end fairly quickly, but I will definitely be back in the future!


No comments: