web 2.0

Feb 25, 2009

Japanese Saint Valentine's, again

As I explained last year (here, and here), in Japan, for Saint Valentine's Day, girls have to work hard and find good chocolates that they will offer to their husband or boyfriend, but also most of their male friends and colleagues.

This year again, I have in Japan at the time, so I lent my male taste buds in order to find the perfect chocolates.
It also means that I again was on the receiving end of the process. Thanks, girls!

Let's start with some tea-flavoured chocolate. But not any random tea: Hōjicha (ほうじ茶)! Unexpected, but very very good!


 



Next, some traditional Japanese sweets!


  



And finally, some chocolates again, in a box with a lovely design, but quite difficult to close again once opened. It does help when trying to make them last a little longer! ^^


 



With Easter less than two months away, this is a lot of chocolates and sweets! ^^

No comments: