web 2.0

Dec 9, 2010

Memory fragments

A few year's ago, I had the opportunity to go to Berlin (for work).
I might post a few photos of the city itself at a later stage, but I first wanted to focus on the Wall, or at least what is left of it.

Walking around Berlin left me a strange feeling.
Fairly often, Wall fragments seemed a bit out of place, for instance just besides postcard stands as in the picture below.
I tried to emphasize this using a partial black and white effect. The quality of this photo can be discussed (I wish I had "constructed" it better back then), but at least it does a fine job at reflecting how I felt on the day.




Most of the Wall has been taken down of course, and former sections of are indicated on the ground. This is very subtle (and emphasized in the picture below using a similar effect), but it helps visualizing how the city would have looked like back then.




This trip was not the most enjoyable one I ever had, as I had no time to discover the cultural side of the city, but I suppose Berlin is one of those places where you have to go at least once in your life.

No comments: