web 2.0

Apr 11, 2011

A month since the earthquake

Today is April 11th, and it is now a month since the earthquake and tsunami. As of this morning, there are 13,116 dead and 14,377 missing. And there are still almost 150,000 people living in shelters.

We are still as committed as always to raising money through our Project Biwa.

The first two weeks of training went as well as I had hoped. As I mentioned in an earlier message, I covered 32 kilometres (instead of 40km) during the first week, which meant my target for the past week was changed from 100 to 108km.

I am happy to report that I have managed 117 kilometres. Even Saturday's 25km ride went very well, (and ended up being an extra two kilometres longer).



The objective for this week is to increase distances further, and to reach a total of approximately 150 kilometres. I already know that Sunday will probably be too busy to include a ride, so I have planned the next big step of this training cycle for Saturday, with 50 kilometres.

I am also trying to find a way to share this training with you. I tried to attach my camcorder to the bike, but there are a lot of vibrations, and the results is not very nice. The extract below is the best I could get so far, played at 800% speed and using the image stabilisation feature on iMovie.
I am still working on improving the vibration issue, but it might be the best I can do. In this case, would it be something you would like to see anyway?



At the time of writing this post, we have already raised $250 on GlobalGiving. Many thanks for your support!

No comments: